Friday, March 30, 2012

makin' whoopie pies

chocolate+pink=awesome
I feel I have the authority to say this now that I've completed some classes in color theory.



Whoopie Pies
  • 1 box cake mix (I used super chocolate)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • can of frosting (vanilla for me)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • food coloring
  1. Preheat the oven to 400F
  2. Combine the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil in a medium size bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes
  3. Drop rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets, bake 10-12 minutes or until springy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack (sometimes I use the wax paper on my rug, no judgement)
  4. Stir vanilla extract and your choice of food coloring into the frosting until thoroughly combined.
  5. Place half of the cookies (flat side up) in a row, put a large tablespoon of frosting in the center of each cookie. Top each frosting cookie with another to complete the sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. Mixing vanilla into your frosting? How Sandra Lee of you!

    ReplyDelete