Tuesday, July 6, 2010

got me looking so Craisin love

I think I would like to go to the Ocean Spray cranberry bog, as featured in harvesting commercials. It seems like a fun adventure to wade amongst cranberries and I am incredibly fond of Craisins.

As I was snacking on handfuls of Craisins the other day, I noticed a recipe for Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies on the back of the bag and decided it was time to eat some more Craisins bake some cookies.


The tart cranberries and sweet white chocolate are a most satisfying mix. And with the antioxidant rich Craisins and heart-healthy oatmeal, I say these pass for breakfast. And, indeed, I have that sort of authority.


Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
(the Ocean Spray recipe)
makes 2 1/2 dozen
  • 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 6-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
  • 2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
  1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs, mixing well.
  4. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
  5. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
  6. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
  7. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
  9. Cool on wire rack.

3 comments:

  1. definitely read that as "ocean spray cranberry blog" at first

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. These cookies are very good. I've had them before...
    Also, I've been to the cranberry bog. I don't think they actually let you out into the cranberries, sorry dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dom, in case your still interested in that trip--http://www.oceanspray.com/club/

    ReplyDelete