Wednesday, May 12, 2010

bunny business

Oh man, I love candy. And sales. So you may think I would be all over day-after-holiday candy sales. You would be correct.

I get really excited about candy sales and often end up with way more candy than I can consume. Which explains why, over a month after day-after-Easter, I still had a herd of Reester Bunnies around to fashion into cookies.

Baking with what was on hand resulted in a vegan--eggs available were only of the Cadbury variety--banana oatmeal peanut butter chocolate cookie.

While not the typical cookie consistency (they are a bit denser), since these cookies were made from the staples of my kitchen, I'm pretty fond of the combination. The two people I have shared them with seemed to agree.


Vegan Reester Bunny Cookies
made 11 cookies
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1/8 c. oil
  • 1 tbsp. water
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 c. flour
  • 1 c. oats
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • herd of Reester Bunnies (1/2 c.?)
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Combine sugar, oil and water (I used a hand mixer).
  3. Mix in the banana and vanilla until smooth.
  4. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
  5. Stir in bunnies.
  6. Drop tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet (these don't really spread so no need to space them out too much) and bake about 20 minutes, or until the bottoms are browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment